Thursday, May 26, 2005

The Wild Wild Js

It is not full moon tonight but the Js have gone totally wild!! So much so that my mom is seriously asking me to sell at least one of them away (and she meant Jojo).

All was well when we returned home quite late after attending a relative's wake... then mom made two blunders that resulted in us practically slaving over the two naughty Js ofr another extra half-an-hour!

When the first car (mom and me) entered the gate, Jojo has just awoken from his slumber and was just happy to greet us. But just few minutes later, dad's car came home and I quickly closed the door to keep Jojo inside the house..

However, thanks to mom's brilliant calculation of the timing for the automatic gate to close, Jojo had dashed out of the gate as it was closing. Yes, she had opened the house door to greet dad thinking the auto ate had already shut fully.

And guess what happened next? Jelly also escaped! I had purposely closed the house door again knowing that dad has opened a small gate to wait for Jojo to come back. But mom again opened the door! And that little creature who somehow knew that her `brother' had gone out for a rendezvous, made a beeline out through the small gate.

She was so quick that my dad couldn't stop her.

Great! It is like a repeat of the other night of `freedom' but this time, the two Js managed to run out by themselves. If Jojo was alone, he would be back quite fast but when there is company, you can expect a longer (and more exciting) escapade!

At first, they were actually just running along the road in front of our house from left to right but they turned a blind eyes even when mom (tyring to redeem herself) and I went out to coax them. Then Jelly started to corner and bark at a security guard who was doing his rounds. The poor Malay man seemed a litte scared but remained cool.

Then I saw the two Js ran into a building ground where there was nothing yet but just a big plot of earth. As it has been raining so it was all muddy and wet!

Finally after a good 10 minutes or so of total disappearance from our sight, the two Js returned home. I had closed the small gate with the intention to punish them (just for a few minutes to scare them and get them worried), but`gong gong' was kinder and opened it to let them home.

Before I could reprimand them, I was horrified to see the amount of mud and soil that covered half of Jelly's legs! And she has long curly fur!

There was no choice but to wash her at close to midnight. It was not easy to get all those sticky and smelly mud out from her legs. I didn't even have time to change and got the legs of my pants all wet.

Then dad said he would wash Jojo's legs, which was also as dirty but I didn't really have a good look earlier. I don't know how he washed him but poor dad got his whole pair of trousers wet! After that he even washed the whole bathroom!

Finally when Jojo was put out of the house and Jelly into her crate (she later got out again as she made noise), we sighed a breath of relief..

When I was walking up the stairs, mom said: `You can try using the Internet and see whether you could sell Jojo?"

"No way," I brushed it off with a laugh. But I know she meant it. And in a way, I do feel bad that the Js, especially Jojo has brought mom so much havoc!

I admit, my dogs are wild and naughty, but getting rid of them is not an option. To me, its like giving away your own chilld who is naughty. There must be another way.... :(

No comments: