Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Two Famous Dogs in the Neighbourhood

Took Jojo and Jelly for a long walk just now. No it was more like the 2 Js taking me for a walk!

Jojo, having been trained in obedience school, is a better `walker' while Jelly would always drag you with her fast, impatient dash forward. She also tends to move from left to right like a drunkard!

If I take the two of them out together, which is usually the case, Jojo's walking would also be affected as he is being influenced by Jelly. Which means harder work for this poor mom.

But I think I have managed rather well in controlling them. Let me tell you that a dog's strength is so big even if he only weighs a fraction of your weight. And if he comes across a stimulant eg. another dog, boy, you just have to let go of the leash when he charge towards the target.

Or else you would fall and hurt yourself. You can't win a tug-a-war with a dog like Jojo.

Although I originally did not plan to walk so much, but seeing their enthusiasm, I gave them more time on the road.

Anyway, we had quite a good walk. We met up with another `J' dog - the only other Golden Retriever in the neighbourhood. Jayzer (not sure of spelling) now 9 months old, has just returned from one-and-a-half month of boarding training. I had considered this option for Jojo but could not bear to be separated from him for so long!

Jayzer is very adorable - well, isn't every Golden? His fur is even finer and smoother than Jojo's. And it seems the training had done him good.. He used to be very hyper, even more so than Jojo earlier but now, he appears to be quite well behaved.

The children of Jayzer's family is also very fond of Jojo and Jelly. Speaking which did i mention that my two Js (especially Jojo) are famous and quite like celebrities in our neighbourhood? Most of the households especially those with children know about my two Js and where-ever I bring them, someone would be saying hello to my dogs in their garden.

Very often I also hear kids shouting `Jojo! Jelly!' when they walk pass our house. Some even stop and play with them. Yes, Jojo and Jelly adore kids.

And I can't help but feel proud of my two Js. :)

No comments: