Tuesday, May 10, 2005

My Js' Unconditional Love

You know what? Dogs make you feel like the most important person in the world when you step out of the car or open the front gate. Such is the exceptional welcome I get daily from Jojo and Jelly. And it gets really really passionate - non-stop jumping, pouncing and vigorous tails wagging - when i am away from more than one day..

And you know what? Dogs never hold grudges. You could scold them, physically punish them or even play a dirty trick on them, they would still willingly, happily come back to you within seconds. You don't even need to apologise or pacify them. They are jsut so readily to forgive..

Take Jojo, when he has commited a major `crime' and got rather heavily reprimanded.. he would feel apprehensive and scared for a while.. but only because he thinks you are going to beat him again. Not that he is getting back at you. Dogs never do.. in fact one thing good about dogs is that they have such a short memory span. So remember, you either punish them immediately after the wrong is commited, or else just forget it.

Did you read `beating'? and it comes from someone who profess to love dogs so much? yes i admit i have beaten my dogs. I still believe in `spare the rod and spoil the child' - its the same principle. However for Jojo, it sometimes does not work. You need to use some psychology with him. But still it's Jojo who ended up getting punished due to his stubborn and destructive nature. The more you tell him not to do something, the more he wants to do it!

I know even after all these punishments, where he suffered physical pains and emotianal hurts, Jojo's love for me never changes. He still craves for my attention and love. Glad to say lately I have not needed to resort to corporal punishment.

At times I fear my love for Jelly might have exceeded that for Jojo simply because Jelly is better behaved and just so cute..

Once i asked my sister who has three kids, whether she might favour one child to another. She said she won't and because she just can't. I think it's the same too.. deep down i know i love them both the same.

To Jojo and Jelly, I am the most important person in their lives..i know their love for me is unconditional.

If only human beings can give this kind of love...

No comments: