Monday, May 09, 2005

Poems inspired by my 2 Js

Oct 15, 2003 - one month new...

Jojo, I saw you chewing a bone
With such concentration, all alone
A funny expression and tone

Jojo, such a funny little dog
You would even attack a log
But you must spare my sock

Soon you will grow big
And I hope you won’t fall sick
And get bitten by blood-sucking ticks

You have so much energy
at times you don’t act graciously
no barks but still noisy!

Jojo, you bring us much joy
I love you more than any toy
So please behave and not annoy



Nov 4, 2003 - the growing pains...

Jojo you’ve grown so fat
Suddenly we noticed that
You’re too heavy to carry
And also getting more furry!

One thing’s still the same
You’re wild and untamed
Shall I send you for training?
But that requires boarding

Will you miss me while away?
If you can what would you say?
how else can you become good
Not get into those cranky mood?

Jojo my darling retriever
I love you more than ever
But when you bite so painfully
You just drive everyone crazy!



Aug 24, 2004 - a new addition....

There are now the two of you
Jojo big brother and puppy Jelly
Are you guys friends or foes?
Always fighting and ever noisy

Jelly you’re the naughty one
Understandable as you’re less than three months
But guts you really have some
Bullying Jojo and we thought you can’t!

The little one will need some training
But it’s not as easy she’s always nibbling
So little but shoes she goes biting
And when she’s annoyed we hear her barking

Jojo and Jelly you’re quite a handful
We always have to clear up the pees and poos
Or busy separating the two of you
Sometimes I thought we are in a zoo!

I wonder whether Jojo is jealous
Or just excited and ever zealous
Don’t be worry you are never neglected
Just behave and both will be petted!



Dec 7, 2004- escaping favouritism...

Am I a bad mommy?
My darling Jojo and little Jelly
Sorry I have been pretty busy
Hope I have more time with you daily

Jelly is cute but ever so greedy
Eats her share but still wants more
Jojo on the other hand is still picky
Never follow the dinner time law!

The two are getting on famously
Still fighting though at times friendly
The little one is more gutsy
As the big one is usually sleepy

Jojo have you grown to accept Jelly?
Or you prefer the time when you got all attention?
And what about Jelly are you happy?
Gong gong ignores but get por por’s adoration?

Rest assured my darling doggies
Your mom here plays no favoritism
For in my eyes you are both lovely
Wish you behave well through all season.

No comments: