Saturday, May 14, 2005

There Goes The Toilet Roll

What is it with dogs and tissue/toilet paper? To be precise, what is the irresistible appeal of the toilet rolls that Jojo would risk getting punished just to sink his teeth into?

Don't ask me how many toilet rolls he has devoured since he was two-and-a-half-month old.

His `appetitite' for toilet rolls increases especially after he gets excited. If he is in a docile mood, the rolls are normally quite safe.

But as I said, Jojo IS unpredictable. You don't know when he plans to attack those toilet rolls, and when he does, what a mess he makes!

Mind you, when he chews one, he also swallows and disgests the paper along the way. In fact, he seems to love the taste of all things paper and soft - eg. toilet rolls, kitchen towel and tissue paper..

Here are 10 of Jojo's favourite `chew-things' since he was a puppy (excluding those`legal' chewable toys)

1. tissue paper/toilet paper/kitchen towel
2. cloth or small towel
3. slipper/sandal ( at least a dozen of our footwears were sacrificed)
4. newspaper (usually the frontpage is gone)
5. hanger
6. the edge of wooden staircase
7. hair clip/hair-band (one of mine and a few of my mom's had been eaten up)
8. spectacles (two of my mom's glasses were chewed up!)
9. plastic water bottle (he went for my Sweat Club bottle and other cheaper plastic bottles)
10. handphone (no kidding! my mom's Sony was a victim!)

From the list, you can understand why my mom has this love-hate relationship with Jojo. All of us have fallen victims to him but somehow he just loves to go for my mom's belongings, Maybe they're more accessible, as dad said..:p

Compared to Jelly, Jojo is indeed much more destructive. But I read somewhere that Golden Retriever is a very oral dog. They love to use their mouth, to chew and nibble..

Fortunately these days, Jojo has outgrown most of the things on the list, but toilet rolls remain one of his all time favourites.

So excuse me while I go to clean up my bathroom floor and replace another roll. Sigh.

1 comment:

boo_licious said...

Wow, Jojo is like Kits, he also loves to maul the toilet roll to pieces! I always have to hide them or else he sneaks into the bathroom and does his private mauling.