Monday, May 09, 2005

A blog dedicated to Jojo & Jelly and other things matter to Jess..

Can't believe I have started my own blog! Quite accidentally actually.. I was browsing a friend's (she shall like to remain anonymous i believe..) blog, wanted to comment and the clever system just led me to create one of my own!!

There is nothing fantastically interesting in my life that i would like to share with the rest of the world besides.. yes - all my friends will know - my two darling children. No, no, they're not really my children as in i didn't give birth to them, and they're not human beings even! They are my two precious canines - Jojo and Jelly.

Our poor old Chubby, the beautiful German Spitz died prematurely due to a drastic lifestyle changed when he followed us to our Bangsar condo in 1996. So we have no dogs since he passsed on in 1997.

When we moved to a bungalow in May 2003, keeping a dog has been part of the plan. Then finally in September that year, after settling into our new home for four months, it was time for a new dog.

Its kinda weird how Jojo came about. I wanted a labrador retriever and was searching for a puppy everywhere. When I saw Jojo at a petshop admists other puppy labs, I knew I had to have him.

Well, Jojo is a pure breed golden retriver born on June 26, 2003. He is a 3rd generation `Malaysian' as his gradparents were from Australia. Later when I got his cert, there was this long name given to him (err.. coulnd't remember..will fill in later..). But i chose to call him Jojo- I wanted a name beginning with J (to match mine) and simple enough so that my maid and my mom could also pronounce! I didn't want to have a human name but later i found out there were people (female) called Jojo! Well too late, I have named my dog.

Jojo was a cute darling, and became the centre of attention everywhere. He grew fast but was picky of his food so at one stage I was worried he was underweight. He was like my real baby.. i gave him the best nutrician, medical care and toys. When he was eight months old, I enrolled him and myself in MKA's obedience class.. and he finally passed the test and graduated! Although in between there were lots of anxiety as he was got naughtier and developed a most stubborn personality.. or should i call it dog-ality?

Although there are much much more to be told about Jojo, i must go to Jelly.

What a strange and funny name for a dog! I hear you snigger and laugh. Well, you see, Jelly was not originally called Jelly. She was named Jammie but mom and dad complained the name was awkward to call and threatened to call her Lulu! God forbid!

Ok, while Jojo was planned, Jelly was an `accident' - at least to dad and mom. At Jojo's obedience school, I was acquainted with some cute dogs previously i didn't meet and the miniature schnauzer is one of them. Best of all, Jojo got on well with that breed. So in my mind I was thinking of a min. schnauzer as a second dog.

I have casually thrown the idea to dad and mom but they weren't keen to have one more dog, not at least till Jojo reaches adulthood. I didn't persist but I let my action speak louder than my words!

Last August, while they were still holidaying in Mongolia, China, I went to Pets Safari just to browse around and ended up taking Jelly home!!

You could call me an impulsive compulsive shopper. I can't deny it and as expected, I received fair share of chastising and scolding from my parents. But I could tell you till this day, nine months after i bought Jelly, there is not a trace of regret.. Jelly is really a cute little darling. And even mom adores and pampers her so! :D

While Jojo has a notorious and hard-headed nature, Jelly is gentler, sweeter and teacheable. Yes, she could be naughty and hyper-active, but she never steps over the line. So while poor Jojo constantly ends up under the cane (not that I like to impose cruelty on my dear doggies but Jojo does drive u up the wall) Jelly hardly ever got punished, simply because she repents fast from her small transgressions.

As she grew older, she became more and more attached to me. She follows at my heels, sitting besides my chair while now I type out this blog . She even follows me to the bathroom...!

I must add, the two darlings get on well as I expected. In the beginning, its actually Jelly who has the upper hand. She was feisty and loved to `attack' and bully Jojo who is three times her size! Jojo being the dignified big brother, gave way to her most of the time..

On the other hand, I could sense Jojo's unspoken jealousy. And to make things worse, his sleeping place is outside in the porch while Jelly's is in the house, inside her crate. Sometimes I can't help but feel Jojo behaved badly because he felt left out. But there is no favouritism although it might seem so to Jojo.

Can't believe my `introductory' posting has gone on soooo long! Yes, you can be sure I have more and much more to share about my two darling Js. But as both are now fast asleep, the mommy too needs to retired.

Till the next posting.. `woof! woof!'

No comments: