Tuesday, May 17, 2005

`Chatter-blogger' Hits Back

Since I started this blog nine days ago, I have been quite actively publicising it to friends/relatives either personally or through the Net. And so far the two typical feedbacks have been:

1. Your dogs (pictures) are soooo cute!

2. "You write so much - no time to read lah!" or "where do you find the time to write so much? (so have you read it? ) not yet, maybe later lah!"

While I am proud of and kinda expect the first response (ahem!) , I don't really know how to respond to the second type of comments.

Am I really a chatterbox? or in this case, a chatter-blogger whose writings are considered a waste of time to read by these friends and relatives? Or is the length really the problem? Having the quantity does not necessary mean I have to sacrifice the quality!

Well, I can't force or make people to read my blog. But I believe what I write is worth a read. I don't exactly ramble on for nothing, there's an interesting story behind each post. And I do give some thoughts to what I write.. after all, i am a writer.

Ok, some may call this frivolous writing, but I think if someone considers me a friend/relative/someone they know quite well, wouldn't the person be at least mildly interested or curious to read something about my life experiences? It just happens at this moment I choose my beloved doggies as the main subject.

Whatever I write would be something I would tell my friends in person anyway.

Maybe some people are just lazy to read, especially over the computer screen. period.

Anyway, 'nuff said. It's my blog and I will write whatever I want and however long I want it to be. To those who are not bothered to read, it's okay. I would think it's your lost and not mine. :)

To my faithful readers (I know there are just a few out there), thanks for sharing my blog. :) We can look forward to many more exciting stuff here in Jess' Two Js!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear ET,unfortunately (for me), you have one faithful reader in me. Write on. DougYau.

jesscet said...

why unfortunately? but thanks, knowing that someone like u read my blog is indeed an honour! Your Highness! ;) any good pic to send me?

boo_licious said...

Instead of using cute, can use kawai! That's japanese for cute.