Monday, May 09, 2005

Jelly's Birthday Mystery Revealed

Ok, i confess, i have not been a very good mom. In the sense that I did not even know when exactly was Jelly's birthdate because I still have not gotten my hand to her certificate.

I know she was born around the beginning of June 2004. Unlike the pet shop which I bought Jojo from which duly called me to collect his cert a few months later, there was no news of Jelly's certificate for the longest time.

Three months ago, I called again and was told the cert was ready. But I had no time to collect it till last weekend when I finally had the chance to go to that part of the town. But I was told the cert was left in the HQ! I asked it to be posted to me and then there and then insisted that the shop assistant to call and find out when Jelly birthday is. She kindly conceded.

So, June 7th is Jelly's birthday. In just less than a month away she will turn one.

I believe and hope she's fully grown in size! The last time I went to the vet, his first reaction when he saw Jelly was: `she is a giant!' He even doubted that she's a pure breed Miniature Schnauzer. You see, according to this chart in the clinic, a mini. schnauzer suppose to weigh between 6-8kg! Jelly weighed a whopping 12kg! And yes, she does look rather round!

Hey, so what if she's over-size? We have large-size people around us too. Dogs too can be on the rounder end. But yes, i am aware of the danger of obesity. Must say I'm quite happy that jelly is looking a bit trimmer these days as she's also grown longer in length.

I still love you Jelly even if you are a `giant' miniature schnauzer.

No comments: