Friday, July 01, 2005

The SPG Challenge

Sarong Party Girl? I can almost see you snigger. Not really, SPG are the initials of my mid-year resolutions. Yes, it is July alright!!

These `virtues' that form `SPG' happen to be three of the various components of the Fruit of the Spirit, which is found in the Bible. Galatians 5:22 - But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

First is the toughest S, which stands for SELF-CONTROL And I've listed out three areas I should really practice self-control on- ie. spending, sleeping and snacking (more like eating, but just to make it all `s').

Not the frugal type, I have been blowing a large hole in my pocket in the first half of the year. So bad that I needed to borrow some money off mom. `S' for one reminds me to spend my every cent carefully.

I also want to give up my owl-liks sleeping habit to a healthier one - sleep earlier and get up earlier. This should be slowly adjusted.

The hardest perhaps is the last one - having been trying to go on a slimming program for some months, I still could not resist food! Just hope I can have more self-control to minimise taking those fattening but delicious food.

Next comes P, which stands for PATIENCE. Yeah, I really lack that although I have improved as I got older. Still, there is more to be desired and I want to `perfec't this part of the Fruite of the Spirit. I pray that in whatever I do, I will be more patient and understanding, calm and cool.
Lastly, G is for GENTLENESS. Confession time. When things get heated, I not only become impatient but also `ungentle' - to put it mildly. I think I am one who would not hesitate giving someone a fist if I feel really annoyed. Of course I haven't done that in the real world. But I have been caught honking incessantly at another inconsiderate driver or blowing my top off when something went totally sore.

So, there they are: the SPG Challenge. I pray and hope I could seriously stick to this resolutions and be determined to kick bad habits and embrace good attitudes and behaviours.

On December 31, if I'm still here, will give all the report.

So how's my two Js? I am happy to say that I got to spend much more time with them these few days that I have been resting at home. They can be naughty but they're so loveable. They are really my most loyal, faithful and good friends and the thought of losing them one day could easily tear my heart apart.. sigh.. :(

Like my friend Ms S.A. said, dogs are `loaned' to human temporarily on this earth, and they are God's gifts to us. So we must treasure them and treat them well.

I agree.. and if only dogs owners like Jasor's family will understand this.

No comments: