Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Scary Thoughts..

I know that day will come. And I shouldn't be thinking about it now. But lately I have started thinking of that dreary day in the future and wonder how I will face it....

I am so so scared of the time when Jojo and Jelly will no longer be with me anymore.

Yes, they are dogs. That means they have the lifespan of between 10-15 years. For a big dog such as the Golden Retriever, about 12 years of age is consider good. Whereas for a smaller dog, maybe he or she could live up to 15..

Whatever it is, looks like I will outlive my two Js unless there's an unexpected twist in fate.

I remember a friend telling me that's why she doesn't want to have a dog. Because a dog will die before she does..

Right now, Jojo and Jelly are like my most loyal best friends. They're there for me day and night. And I love them so so much. I really can't imagine losing them..

I know this seems like a silly thought. After all, Jojo has just turned two and Jelly is only one year old! They still have many good years ahead of them.

But the mere thought of the inevitable that will happen one day will send chills in my heart. I can already feel a cold knife that is ready to cut through me...

Oh Gosh!! :( I know, I tell myself to not think of it. Rather I should concentrate of giving them a good live in their living years...

I shall try my best to curb this thinking...

3 comments:

Chipmunkrock said...

are you having all these thoughts after reading my doggy biographies?

jesscet said...

Maybe.. subconsciously? The thoughts just came like three days ago..

Anonymous said...

I so totally understand what you mean. I think about it all the time. My Nicky is already 10, and I realise that my time with him is getting shorter and shorter. I too do not know what to do when he's gone.

But blogging about my everday life with Nicky helps. At least I have memories to go back to, like what you're doing as well.

I also tell myself that my responsibility and duty is to care for him as well as possible, and if I can give him a happy home for most of his life, I'm content. :)