Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Diet - Mission Impossible?

It's my fault.

Looks like the diet plan for Jelly won't go as smoothly as I hope it would. Reason being that the only way for the past months or so to get her to enter her crate to sleep was by using food! Yes, I had not very wisely used dog snack as a bait to lure her into her crate.

Well, if I don't do that, I would have to carry her and use quite a lot of strength (she is quite heavy after all!) to shove her into her `bedroom'. Somehow I have never trained her go inside there voluntarily at night.

Ironically, she would happily enter her crate to catch her noon nap during the day when I am leaving the house.

Yeah, Jelly is very much an `owl-dog' now, taking after her mommy... :p

However, Jelly and I are not only similar in our sleeping pattern but also in our eating habits. My mom has commented that both Jelly and me love to eat so much that it is equally hard for both of us to go on a diet!

She is quite right. ;)

With that in mind, she even passed me a Chinese newspaper cutting on how the owner and the dog could go on a diet together. Maybe both Jelly and me can use a bit of the tips offered there.

No comments: