Monday, July 18, 2005

A `Sociable' Week That Was

While I regretted not having time to take my two Js for walks last week (I came home almost late every night) I had a rather eventful week socially, considering my social life is not exactly happening.

In the course of four days, I met up with an old friend, an old acquaintance and even bumped into my cousin and had a drink.

It was great catching up with people whom you haven't seen for some time, just to catch up with each other's life and happenings. Although many things might have changed but you're in touch once again.

Like my cousin whom I used to play with when young but in recent years only met up at those rare family reunions; or another old family friend (as in we knew each other when we were in primary school) whom we were quite close in school days. I had not had lunch with her for almost two years. More interestingly I also caught up with a friend I met from a junkard (working holiday-trip). She has loads of intersting stories to tell from her vast travelling experiences.

Then on Friday evening, we had a great combined CCF fellowship. Dad came home the next day and together we went to support mom at a concert she was singing in. There was some nice surprise in the program which was quite dreary. I just returned now long ago from a dinner gathering to celebrate a good friend's birthday.

Looks like it would be an even busier week ahead culminating to a weekend that we have been working hard towards - the CCF Gospel Nite. Over the last few weeks I have been inviting quite a number of people and it is at this week that I need to follow up witih them and hopefully at least some could make it.

But I will have one more leisure/social event - movie tomorrow night. After that, it's really time to quiet down - to pray, to call up friends and to prepare for Saturday.

No comments: