Sunday, July 24, 2005

A Night Looking For `Lasting Treasure'

It's finally over. The event is over but the work is not we know. Praise God that the CCF Gospel Nite went smoothly although the number of people who came was quite small. We had expected more guests to turn up but somehow many friends couldn't come due to various reasons.

I was personally quite disappointed. Out of about 15 or so friends I have invited, fianally only one came. As of yesterday, four had confirmed. But a colleague couldn't make it due to work that she has to attend to. What upset me was this friend who had promised she would come just a couple of days ago and was no where to be contacted today. I called, sms-ed several times, left messages but no news from her.... I still wonder what happened..

Anyway, praise God for those who did come, and I still believe the words that have been spoken would not be void. The message was straight-forward and powerful, and challening. Seeds would have been planted even though we do not see results immediately. There's follow-up work to be done.

A big thank-you to all who have helped in one way or another. It's great to see the younger people rising to the occasion with their talents by putting up a skit and songs presentation. And many behind the scenes in ushering, manning the book store, PA and sounds etc.. and earlier in publicity and promotions.. and other areas which I've failed to name at this late hour.

And thank God for our faithful chairman and `first-lady', for their steadfast dedication, hard-work (yeah, Mrs L. despite being pregnant had laboured much for this) and faithfulness. Although I was the so-called coordinator, I could never have done it without them and the team effort.

Anyway.. so it was not as `big' as we have hoped, but I believe it is a first step towards something bigger. By allowing God to use us to reach out to other people, I also pray that He would place burdens in the hearts of His people to press on and continue to carry out the Great Commission.

Like what the speaker said: `Life is worth some serious thinking over...' and as per our theme `Looking For Lasting Treasure..', indeed there is something more to this life that I hope all my friends and loved ones would discover and embrace..

2 comments:

Chipmunkrock said...

thanks for all the sleepless nights oraganising this event.

jesscet said...

Can't claim the credit but yeah, it was a joy organising it though could be stressful at times. Thanks for your help too! :)