Sunday, July 10, 2005

Shocking Find During Shower Time

I decided to shower Jojo and Jelly at night today :p

Well, I was bringing them out for a walk after dinner and they already looked pretty dirty, especially Jelly. Am afraid time would be a bit rush tomorrow morning as I do have an assignment in town around noon (remember I am an owl :D)

Anyway, luckily I gave them their bath tonight!!

I didn't know that in just one week, both my doggies have been plagued by ticks!! Yeah, i found loads of dead and alive ones on their body. :-o

I washed Jelly first and when I turned her around, saw many of the ticks stuck on her tummy and underarm areas... Luckily they were dead so I just painstakingly pulled them out one by one. All in, more than a dozen.

If you think that was bad, wait till you hear Jojo's case.

I have never seen so many ticks on my Goldie before :( They varied from the real big one, almost the size of a pea to the smaller ones found on Jelly. Most were found in his armpits and underbody as well. Due to his long dense hair, they were not easily visible. So I had to slowly combed through his hair to take out those bloodsucking creatures while squatting on the floor (my poor knees were numbed)

It was quite a yucky task.. I felt my hair standing as many of them, especially the big ones, were full of blood in their stomach. I think many were not dead, just sleeping after sucking blood from my Jojo!

No mercy!! I terminated them all. But I think some managed to escape as it was hard to detech them all. I didn't count but I guess I have removed at least more than 30 big and small ones from Jojo!

Argghhh!!

That reminds me to apply anti-ticks medication on my dogs properly this week. Maybe not enough the week before thus some were still alive.

By the way, speaking of shower time, my dogs, especially Jojo really savour his weekly bathtime. He would just lie on the floor and enjoy the water and shampoo and mommy's massage. Jelly is still a bit apprehensive but getting to get used to it.

In fact, both are always so excited that ehy just could not wait to dash into the shower room when I pick up their towels and toilettries!

No comments: