Tuesday, July 26, 2005

An Improved `Owl' and a `Squash-Proof' Jelly

With reference to yesterday's post. .. glad to say that I have made a little progress and have been less `owl-like' since (but it's only one day! LOL).

Since this morning I had an early assignment, I actually got up at 8:40am! I had planned to go to bed by 1am but my mental schedule got delayed and then I was hooked on the more exciting development of HP6 so finally I only snoozed away at about 2:10am.

Still that's an improvement. :)

Tomorrow I have a movie preview (yes, watching movie is part of my job ;)) at 10:30am at GSC 1 Utama, which is almost 30km from my house! So I will be getting up at 9am and aim to go to bed around 1am or slightly later...

Enough of boring sleep-talk... back to the Js.

I had a shock yesterday.. Jelly almost got squashed!! Ok, of course she didn't. But how she escaped unscatched still puzzled me.

You see, when I reached home last nite, I could not see either Jojo and Jelly and thought that they were inside the house. So I pressed the remote to open the gate.

But as the gate was opening, I saw the two Js rushing towards my car! It was still quite early in the night and it was definitely a bad idea to let the two dogs roam without leash on the street. So I quickly pressed the remote to close the gate again.

However, Jelly was so fast that she just reached it as there was still a gap and she tried to squeeze through!

I couldn't do anything at that split second and as Jelly looked getting squash, suddenly, the gate opened by itself. I don't know whether there was a sensor installed? The two Js then dashed out but thankfully returned in less than a minute to greet their `mommy'. ;)

When I related the incident to my mom, she sounded genuine worried and said Jelly could have been injured internally. And then she said that Jelly seemed so tired (or may be in pain) and not as playful as normal

I was getting concerned myself. So for the whole night, I was observing her but much to my relief, she appeared perfectly normal.

Today it is certain that she is ok. But I am still puzzled though how her body could withstand the weight of the automatic gate? Or could it be I saw wrongly? She didn't really squeeze through the gate.. and how the gate open by itself again?

It really beats me. But whatever it is, I am so thankful that Jelly is alright.

1 comment:

Chipmunkrock said...

ok...continue your healthy lifestyle and GO TO SLEEP NOW!!!