Tuesday, July 19, 2005

`The Prisoner in a New Cell'

Took the two Js for a walk just now after dinner, and we walked the way to Jasor's home.

Jasor was inside the new dog house, now completed. When he saw us, he jumped up and excited wagged his tail, looking happy to see us. Maybe I was imagining but I thought I saw a spark of hope lit up in his dull eyes.

The people of the house are inside, probably enjoying dinner or having after dinner gathering. The main gates (big and small) were locked. I peered into Jasor's new home. The two tiny water bowls (bought when he was a puppy) were dried up. A pile of excretion on the ground.

This was no more surprises me but still, a feeling of anger and injustice was boiling inside.

I looked at the happy Js, who seem to be missing their friend and took turns to `greet' him. I then looked at Jasor. I really pity him and my heart goes out to him. But I couldn't do anything to help him.

Maybe the people of the house think that by giving him a `home', they are being kind to their dog. At least he is no longer chained up to the Jeep.... but the truth is, what's the difference? Jasor is still a prisoner, day and night. :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jojo and Jelly are making their presence felt at the moment. The reason? I have hung bells on to their collars. Well, I have done this a few times in the past but very fast, the bells either got missing and eaten up by them. So I couldn't be bothered any more.

But just now, when I was looking for Jelly's new collar, I discovered some old collars that belonged to the Js. And on them were still some bells which are working.

So, now the two have their own `ling-ling'. Kinda cute.. Oh, but I can see they are playing with each other's bells and probably compete to see who can take down the other's!

I give these bells' a `life-span' till tomorrow..

No comments: