Sunday, July 24, 2005

Jelly the Greedy Hogger

Yes, Jelly is a perfect example of someone who is greedy and is never contented with what he/she has.

As she is the one whose teeth is probably still growing and `itchy', I purposely bought her a yummy nylon bone (with flavour), and also bought a pack of cheaper rawhide bones for both her and Jojo.

Just now, when I took out the nylon bone, she was already totally excited and was jumping for it. And when I threw it on the floor, she went for it and bit in a most enthusiastic, hungry manner you can see.

Then, I remembered Jojo and thought I would also give him a treat although he is not so into chewing such bones (as oppose of eating real ones) as Jelly.

I took a rawhide bone out and opened the back door and was about to give the bone to Jojo. Then, Jelly suddenly dashed from no where and reached for that bone first!

As mentioned, Jojo, although bigger in size and more ferocious (supposedly), could never win Jelly in grabbing anything. So poor him turn and looked disappointingly at me after losing his bone to Jelly.

After some chasing, I succeeded in getting that bone out from Jelly's mouth and gave back to Jojo, and quickly closed the kitchen door. Jelly looked kinda dazed and after a while found her first (better quality) bone but dropped it aside, and squeezed her nose at the door gap still hoping to go out and grab Jojo's bone.

I took her bone and walked out into the living room. This time, she quickly ran after me and jumped and showed much enthusiasm at her bone again. I went upstairs and she followed me and the bone into my room.

And for the next hour or two, she was happily chewing her new good bone, and at last, forgot about the rawhide bone she so wanted to grab from brother Jojo.

That's the greedy hogger for you... but a cute one. ;)

2 comments:

Adrian Choo said...

Hi there, came across your blog while visiting Messy Christian and just wanna say hello to a fellow Christian and a fellow dog-lover =). Will save your blog address under my 'favorite' list and will visit your site more. Keep it up.

jesscet said...

Thanks adrian! nice of you to drop by my blog.. and now i've yours to read as well! Do come back from time to time. :)