Sunday, October 02, 2005

A Small Step Forward - PTL!

Update on `free jasor prayer campaign': (refer post below and also M.C.'s)

Was talking to dad earlier and he was telling me he took Jojo for a walk..then I seized the opportunity to bring out the Jasor issue which we had not talked about for some time.

At first he casually brushed me off and said I should just forget about it.. that it is not something that the community com. can interfere But somehow with God's given articulation, I told him calmly how I and my dog-loving friends feel about this and that it is a form of abuse and we need to do something because Jasor's mental and physical health is at risk..

I also assured him (reverse psychology ;P) although people have asked me to report to SPCA but I would only do it as last resort as I don't want to create strife shall it occur..

Then I said I really need his support because these people would not listen to me as I am now `blacklisted' by them, but my dad is pretty respectable in the neighbourhood I shall say so they might listen to him.

After a while, quite miraculously, he agreed that he would speak to the neighbours on this!

Praise God! But I know we need to pray on.. for sometimes my dad is a procrastinator and I also don't want to push him too much. But at least I know he believes in dog's freedom.

Lets pray that:
1: My dad would indeed talk to my neighbours to advice them to free the dog or to give him away.
2. That the neighgours would come to their sense and know that it is very cruel to treat a dog like this. Or if they are really that stubborn and mean, then at least willing give away or sell the dog to someone else who love him.

2 comments:

Chipmunkrock said...

i am glad you spoke to your dad calmly about it :) see how things work when you're calm and collected.

Adrian Choo said...

I think it's a difficult case. I referred the scenario to a few lawyer friends of mine and they are advising care and tact as Malaysian laws are not VERY friendly to dogs.

So, while there is legislature relating to the prevention of cruelty to animals, it isn't of much use for Jasor's case! Poor guy.

Alternatively, I think we can also put the word out for someone to step in to take Jasor over from them with a price ... since this people obviously speak the language of $$$!

Or we can raise the money ourselves or something, and find someone willing to give the dog a home ... let's do something!!