Sunday, October 23, 2005

Calendar Stars Born (For a Good Cause)!

Finally, Malaysia's first 365-days Dog and Cat Calendars are now out!

As I wrote in a
post some months back, I have submitted a photo of the two Js for the dog calendar, so I just couldn't wait when the organiser inform us that all those whose pets are featured could get their free calendar today from Pets Wonderland, 1 Utama.

I also found out that Sherrina K, the brainchild of this projec that she has join forces with the
SPCA to use the calendar to raise awareness for a `no more homeless pets' campaign. As it is a worthy cause to animal lovers like myself, I decided to volunteer and write a story on this event for my paper.

So after collecting my calendar, I had a good chat with Sherrina and SPCA Selangor chairman Christine Chin over indoor teh-tarik ice and get to know more about what SPCA is doing for their pets rescue program. Although I've heard about how the SPCA is overwhelmed with the number of strays and unwanted animals that have been dumped on their doorstep, but the statistics are just staggering.

It all boils down to our attitude towards owning pets. By right there should not be any unwanted pets.

It's good to know there are individuals like Sherrina and Christine who are so passionate about the cause they believe in - not only volunteering their time and services but have personally rescues and adopted many strays from the streets.

Back to the calendar. To be honest though, I was expecting something more. Somehow I had the impression it would be more glossy and has thicker paper quality. But I guess it is pretty well designed and produced (although the pages tend to come off a bit easily) considering that this is a non-profit making project and the net proceeds are to be channeled to the campaign.

If you'd like to do your bits to help unwanted dogs and cats, the calendars, priced at RM39.90, are available at all the
Pets Wonderland outlets in Klang Valley. More information can also be found at http://www.mystycat.bravehost.com/

Yeah, its end of the year soon. The calendars make good and meaningful Christmas gifts! I've ordered a few more too..

p.s. my story on this will be out in MM news page on Monday (Oct 24, 2005)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,
u knew about the launch of the calendar! I was a contributor (mine's on 22nd May) and i didnt know anything about the launch. let alone the free copies for contributors.

jesscet said...

hi, according to the organiser, they e-mailed out regarding the launch (that's how I knew it too!) in fact i saw some other contributors on that day..

you can email or call Sherinna on this. So u have a Goldie too? mine is sooo naughty!