Saturday, October 15, 2005

A Sumptuous and Successful Dish ;)


I think this is the first time I blog about food. And it's mainly because I prepared this delicious-looking salmon dish for dinner tonite! hehe

Dad bought two thick slices of salmon fillet today and asked me how to cook it. Well, I normally don't cook but when I do, usually I know what I am doing (ahem! ;)) and most of the time, the food have turned out pretty tasty.

But this was not the first time I'm cooking salmon. Dad asked whether we should steam it but I suggested to grill it in the oven. I don't have a recipe to follow. I prefer to experiment using my own creativity. So what I did was after cleaning the fish, I merinated it for a while with salt, Japanese soy sauce, rosemary, pepper and lemon seasonings; and fresh ginger. Later I added cooked oil with garlic.

It's actually rather simple. The trick is, besides the seasnoning, is the TIME factor. Salmon cooks fast and you have to be careful not to overcook it. The last time I cooked salmon, it was a bit overdone.

Praise God, this time, it was just perfect! The nine-minutes in the oven was a perfect timing. The salmon had just cooked only and tasted tender and juicy. It had the right amount of seasoning and tasted pretty delicious. Dad and mom enjoyed it very much and so did I.

It was a very gratifying feeling - cooking and eating it :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so are you going to cook for us when we are back?

Chin.

jesscet said...

sure. ;) but I also haven't tried ur cooking for so long!