Friday, October 14, 2005

It is ALL About Love and more..


I watched two movie premiers two days in a row (yeah, the perks of my job ;)). Tonite (or rather Thursday nite) was the premier of `All About Love' (in Chinese the literal translation would actually be `Say I Love You Once Again')- this is
Andy Lau's latest art/romantic film, not to be confused with the current release `Wait 'Til You're Older'.

Well, the ever-oh-so-dashing `Heavenly King' himself was here for a whirlwind promotion and came with director Daniel Yu and cutie Charlene Choi who plays his wife in the movie. Never mind they have a 20 years age-gap!

At the PC which only allowed four questions (of which I asked two), Wah-chai (Andy's Chinese nickname) said that the most challenging thing for him in the movie was to look matched with Ah Sa (Charlene's nickname) and even oked that he has to put face mask and sleep early always one day before filming a scene with Charlene.

Even the Singaporean media was here and since I was kinda late (but still had to wait) I got the back row to sit and it was not a close encounter at all compared to a couple of years back when he was here for `Mr Fit: Running on Kharma' and another movie/album which I forgotten now.

Anyway, back to his movie. It is a true romantic flick and personally I thought it was just too over romanticised and the plot itself was quite unrealistic although both the director and Andy claimed it was. It does contains a rather deep and sad message that touches on life and death, regrets and second-chances. I like the way it was shot- creative and arty. Still, my friend and I was thinking a typical man will be bored to death watching it. But if one is a die-hard Andy's fans, then it's worth a watch and the acting of Andy and Charlie Young (another female lead) were pretty convincing.

Now I'm curious to know about this medical/scientific question. Can it be tht if a heart is donated to another person (who receives it via heart transplant),the new heart owner can have some memories and feelings of the donor (whio is obviously dead). You see, in the movie, Charlene's heart was donated to Charlie and Andy sees the latter as if it is his wife. Hmmm...

1 comment:

boo_licious said...

It sounds like that movie, Return to Me which starred Minnie Driver and David Duchovny where the guy fell in love with his wife's heart donor.