Saturday, October 15, 2005

Confession of a Shoes Addict



After dinner, I proceeded to tidy up my shoe cabinet. Well, more like giving my shoe collection a spring clean, since mom was doing hers and urged me to do so.

I took out all my shoes which mainly were in old boxes and although I knew I have a lot, it was still quite shocking to see them lying over the floors. Especially the many pairs I had not touch in years. Some, especially those cheapo ones, had been left too long that they had gone bad - yeah, literally had fallen apart

Before I re-categorise them to put inside the cabinet, I laid them on the floor. But what you see here is NOT the total. I couldn't capture all of them in a photograph. I also did a rough count.. excluding slippers and those that I had decided to either dispose off or repair, there were 49 pairs..!

I know this is a bit too much. But more than half of them were purchased more than six seven years back at least. No excuse though I know, for I admit I AM a shoppaholic for shoes.. oh, not forgetting handbags too.

I wonder whether I should do a count on bags next... this feels kinda sinful :(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man ... I only have ... FIVE pairs. :P

jesscet said...

Really? oops. Well, think it also runs in the family. my mom has at least 30 and my sis maybe close to mine. Ok... i must not buy anymore shoes till end of 2006! (err.. maybe one new one for CNY? :p )

Anonymous said...

Nope, I don't have as many. Never counted, but a rough guess would be twenty plus...

Chin.

jesscet said...

sush> sorry lah dear, my feet is size 4! :p

chin> are u sure, u still have a few pairs back in KL u know.. i think u at least will have 30 plus!