Friday, August 11, 2006

Losing The Spunk?

I think I'm losing it.. :(

I've always been a `gung-ho' entertainment reporter who always speak up at press conferences and many times even approach the subject for photos or autographs!

But why didn't I do anything today? now I'm regretting it...

I went for the press conference of Wilber Pan this afternoon.. Well, he's still relatively new.. an American bred Taiwan artiste who is quite a talent. He has his own characters - singing songs different from the usual fare of ballads, soul or R&B styles that most Chinese singers do. His music is basically rap and hip-hop - pretty good and refreshing I must say!

So, impressed after listening to his latest and also the previous two albums, I decided I should go meet him at his press conference as he is currently in M'sia for a promo tour. Did I mention he is pretty cute? ;) and he was better looking in real than in photos!

My editor said I could write more on a personality piece emphasising on his music rather than a news of the p.c. So just two hours before the p.c. i called up the organiser and requested for short one-on-one but was told they couldn't allocate it. Fine. Thought I would just get as much as I could during the group Q&A session.

But when he was sitting right in front of me and we were to shoot the questions to him, I only asked ONE question! And then my mind sorta went blank. No, I'm too old to be swooned over a young guy like him but somehow I wasn't really concentrating. So after a few round of questions, some of which are not that interesting, the emcee asked: `anymore questions?' The floor was silence. (I wanted to ask but don't know what to ask!?) Then seconds later, it was the end of the short p.c.!

Unlike previously with other artistes, I didn't seize the opportunity to have a photo taken with him. The truth was, it slipped my mind at that time. I also didn't ask him to autograph the album (we each got one copy)

And then it was too late..

Argh! Could it be I was feeling a bit more shy and self-conscious? But wait a minute, that doesn't sound like me!

Is the new paper and work situation to blame for my lack of enthusiasm? Has the disgruntlement and woefulness at work affected me?

I don't know..

Anyway, it looks like not just a concert month for Chinese artistes but also a month for album promotional tour! After Wil, there is Sam Lee and Jolin Tsai pc on Monday.. and the night before I would have just returned from JB for the Summer Live Concert!

Gosh.. a busy time ahead again.

p.s. Here's a pix with a `star' - thanks to my bold friend whom I took with me to Jim Brickman's concert last Saturday! :p

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

the "star" looks a bit like Jean...

jesscet said...

you think? haha but Jean is at least a foot taller than the `star'!

Debbie Law said...

Hi Jesscet! I accidentally stumbled upon your blog and realised that you've got my dream job! ;)

Anyway, can't wait to hear your reports of the 8TV Summer Live concert because as much as I'd have loved to be there... I'm stuck across the other side of the globe!

Let me know if you got the chance to meet Justin Lo! And if his concert for December is confirmed!

Thanks for sharing ;)

jesscet said...

daybee: hi! thanks for visiting my blog! yeah, the Summer Live Concert was quite an event though it was a little too long and over crowded! will blog about it.

yep, Justin is coming to KL for a Xmas eve concert. I like his music a lot..got to meet him and had a pix with him the last time he came here! ;)

Debbie Law said...

Hi Jesscet! Can't wait for your blog about the Summer Live Concert! Are you going to meet Justin this time around?

You lucky girl! I've only actually seen Justin twice but I've never met him :) Hopefully I'll be able to make the concert!

jesscet said...

Finally i posted on the concert! Took sooo long!

Because i was at JB so didn't see Justin when he held a PC in KL the next day.. but the organiser said he would probably come again before his concert.

So what is it about Justin that you like so much? ;) i must say the first time i heard him sing on TV i was really impressed by his voice and his songs..

Hope u can make it for his concert!