Friday, August 26, 2005

`Prevacation' Rambling

It's been three days ie. 72 hours since the E-Collar has now been on Jojo. He has been wearing it all the time except for the short time last night and the night before when I took it off so that he could have a break.

But as soon as I realised he was starting to lick the wound I had to put it on again soon. Speaking of his wounds, there have been some improvement.. They are slowly drying up. But still a bit sore.

Thank goodness my maid has learnt to administer Jojo's anti-biotic pills to him. You have to open his mouth real big, pop the pill inside the throat, close it and stroke his throat to help the pill go in.

You see, I will not be around for a week from tomorrow.. So i really need her help as dad is also in China. Mom? no way, she could not handle this.

Yeah, just one more day and I will be flying on a jet plane to Hong Kong. Already am on leave today but because I still have some work to finish, the joy and happiness of the vacation somehow eludes me...

Maybe I will feel it tomorrow I hope. My flight is only at 5:55pm.

Due to my `big mouth', i now have to WORK during my vacation in Hong Kong! You see, I have chosen this time to go because my long time `idol' (not to confused with the false god idol but pop idol here) Alan Tam, will be having his 30th Anniversary Concert in the Coliseum, Hong Kong end of this month till early next month.

Since I am thinking of going to HK maybe later in the year, and since I will have free accommodation (my sis' family is there), I decided to just go for it since my Bali trip has fallen through.. It's much easier, I don't have to find company to go and I could be practically by myself as I know the place pretty well and I also have many friends there..

But of course, the main reason I am going is for the concert. This would be the third time I am watching his concert in Hong Kong and countless more in KL/Genting. But the concert in Hong Kong is always so much more interesting, and this IS his milestone concert.. So, my helpful sis has early booked me the tickets on August 29 (will be watching with her mom-in-law who is also into these things).

Before I talk more about Alan Tam (which I think I will spare you guys except to say that I have been loyally following him for 20 years) back to my `big mouth'.

A few weeks ago, when I applied for leave, I told my editor that i will be watching Alan Tam's 30th anniversary concert there and that when I come back, I may do a review. It is exclusive as no media from Malaysia has been invited to go there. The concert and trip are paid by myself and this is my vacation.

BUT he got so excited and sked me to email the story from Hong Kong! He said it would be too late if wait till I come back to work to write.

Sigh..so I have to take a few hours off my holiday to write the review. AND on top of that, since I've missed one week of my `Orientales' (gossips plus album reviews) when I was in Singapore (no choice, no computer), I thought I might as well do that weeek's in Hong Kong. But that would have to be on Thursday to catch the latest news.

I was hoping to complete half of that before I leave..ie the album review. But I had so many other stuff to finish that now I am bringing more work to HK... shucks. So I will be slogging next Tuesday AND Thursday on my brother-in-law's computer table. :(

Even after signing of now I have to write a review from last night's Actorlympics I went to. Supposed to be my leave today!

Well, if you feel a bit sorry for me.. there is another side of it lah..

Must admit that about 40 per cent of the `motivation' is from my own passion for writing and the responsibility of a journo. But 60 per cent comes from the impetus of...EXTRA PAY! Yes, I will be paid extra O.T. for working on my leave!

So, I guess I shouldn't complain and just get on with the crazy life of a entertainmeng journalist..

One more day and I will miss my two Js for a week! :( Hope Jojo doesn't need to wear his collar anymore when I come back.

I shall probably be blogging a little from HK. After all, I will be in front of the computer.. :p

1 comment:

jesscet said...

During Vacation Rambling:

This is so pathetic..trying to post an entry but couldn't. Having a great time here but just now I saw a man walking a golden retriever and I do miss Jojo and Jelly..

Hmmm.. seem to be having withdrawal syndrome from blogging.. argh! I know, I am on vacation and what am I doing in front of the computer right?

Quite a lot of interesting stuff to write and photos to update.. well, will have to wait..