Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Diary of a Glutton

Tonight somehow I couldn't think of anything of remote interest to write, but I still fill like blogging.. :p My friend and fellow bogger Lynn suggestd that I could blog on what happened today, so I shall do exactly that.

But I shall zoom in on my gastronomical experience today, and just had to own up that I am indeed a total glutton!!

It's a good thing that I missed breakfast - yes, the owl is well and alive!! So shortly after getting up, I waited for lunch to be ready. My maid cooked curry laksa - her own style. Not too bad I might add. After that, I even nibbled on the left over Alexis' cake that my cousin brought over the night before last.

When I reached office, I bought `taufu fa' AND a cup of soya bean milk - as desserts. I thought that would take me to dinner time. But I was wrong.

Later at an assignment, little did I know that the best thing that came out of the press conference and sneak preview of a play at KLPac (not that the play wasn't interesting) was the food they provided! Maxis, being the host and presenter of the play `Odd Couple' fed us with a exotic and tasty array of refreshment from Flamenco Restaurant in Damansara Heights.

They were simply delicious. I enjoyed the steam prawn in garlic and olive oil, creamy mushroom, aubergine and cheese slice, quiche, liver (with alcohol) pate on french bread, fried softshell crab with dressing like (but more delicious than) tartare-sauce.. Mmmmm...

So you could imagine, what started off as mere sampliing the food turned into a satisfying meal. Oh, I almost forgot to mention the free-flowing Sangria.

Then, off to interview Joanne, a friend and a talented violinist who has just recorded her first album. We met at Dome, Subang Parade and although I was still quite full, seeing others drinking, I too ordered an ice capucinno but didn't quite finish it.

After the interview, I met up with Florence, a dear friend who is leaving to further her studies in the United States on Sunday. She suggested Japanese/sushi and I was kinda relief because at least I could choose to take smaller quantities. We ate at Sushi King which food wasn't fantastic.

Again, I `underestimated' myself. It's scary as I felt my stomach is like a bottomless pit. Here I was feeling still bloated but I still managed to eat a fair bit of sushi, sashimi and even a cawan mushi (with unagi, their promotion of the month)

Then, I even shared a green tea ice-cream with Florence as we chatted away and slowly letting the food digest while sipping green tea. But it wasn't digesting fast...

Soon, true enough, my stomach was` protesting' on the long journey home (all the way from Subang to Cheras 9 3/4) and yes, I headed for the toilet when I reached home.

But that was not the end of the story! My dad had bought durian and both my parents were eating away. And would I resist it? I thought I would and did for a while. But two hours or so later, I succumbed and joined them to savour the King of the Fruit which is a popular feast for the family.

It's now past midnight. Just imagine, in 12 hours, I have eaten THAT much.. I feel that I have easily piled on at least 2kg today.

There crumbles my August diet plan - on the third day!!

No comments: