Saturday, August 06, 2005

Grooming for Two

It's weekend so I decide to blog a frivolous post. The topic: grooming. The subjects: Jelly and yours truly.

I know I have thought of letting Jelly's fur grow longer but lately it has become quite unmanageable and made her look messy and dirty.

At the same time, my own hair was getting thicker especially at the side-front. Also, the colour i had since end of last year was worn out and worse of all, new hair has grown so about tree inches of the roots were in black the rest in a faded orangy-brown. Yeah, I had ugly two-toned hair.

Since I have the luxury of a rather free Saturday today, it becane a day of grooming for both Jelly and myself! :D

I dropped her off at the usual pet shop at Taman Connaught and went to pick up Lainey for lunch. My hair appointment at BSC was at 3pm so there's quite a lot of time for us to walk around and find a place to eat at Desa Sri Hartamas. The food wasn't great but value for money, anyway, the most important is the company. It was nice to catch up with a dear friend again before she returns to the United States early next week.

After we said bye, I headed to my usual salon. I was expecting the hair-colouring and cut to take about three-hours but all in, I spent 3 hour and 50 minutes in the salon! The colouring process itself took ages!

One of my concern was whether my hair colour would be allowed for MyKad photograph (yeah I had yet to apply) I requested it to be darker so the hairstylist Grace chose a burgundy-copper shade which turns out quite nice but pretty dark when not under the light.

She took an inch off the length and layered it a bit, and also trimmed the volume at the front. Not very different at all in style but nothing much can be done at this length.

Ok, enough of my boring hair-do account, lets talk about Jelly!

Somehow Jelly looked `fairer' when I saw her at the pet shop but had to keep her there for another hour plus as I joined my parents and relatives for dinner near by. Like last time, she did not get a shave because of her allergy to blade but it was neatly trimmed very short, even the fur in her lower body was shortened. And the fur on her chin was cut too like last time.

Overall, she looks cute and neat and pretty. And she feels and smells ls so clean too! :)

Poor thing, she must have not had a proper nap at the pet shop with many doggie friends around, so when she came back and followed me to my room, she didn't even have energy to sit up for photograph!

And shortly after that, she fell asleep, until Jojo came into my room and started to `sexually harrassed' Jelly. It must be the dog's sensitive sense of smell, everytime when Jelly is back from grooming, Jojo gets all excited and keeps sniffing her all over, especially her backside!

They have some time wresting together before both just `passed out' on my room floor.

Here are some of our `post-grooming' photos.. ;)

No comments: