Monday, August 15, 2005

Good to be back in Good Ol' Kay-elle! (sans haze)

Wow, its good to be back in KL, good to be back home, good to be with the two Js, and good to be back in front of my PC! Yes, I realised I missed my Internet terribly as soon as I turned it on.. :p

It had been a tiring trip - we were at Sentosa then Orchard Road - but it was lovely to see my nephews and niece again. In less than half a year, they have changed a lot. Edgar, turning 7 next month, is like a big boy and I enjoy talking to him, though he still has his rather odd individualistic behaviour.. like how he buried his head in Pokemon comics oblivious to new stimulus througout the trip. Sean Sean, 3 year &2 months old, is very sweet when he is not throwing a tentrum. He was most concerned of my wounded knee - `is it hurt?' he asked in a pitiful voice a couple of times seeing my bloody then drying up wound. (I fell off while biking with my amateur skills) Sis said recently Sean's temper is quite foul for no apparent reason.. could it be growing up pains? middle child syndrome? hmmm...

And little Alexis a.k.a.Miu Miu, 15 months, is the darling and centre of attention. She loves to talk and eat and is supposedly pretty fierce (traits that her family reckons resembling her yiyi.) But I haven't seen the fierce side of her this time. She tried to carry a serious conversation with you and what she said was like a baby reinvention of a cross between English and Cantonese. Very cute.. ;)

Will post some photos soon on the trip..

Back at home, my two Js were not lonely while we were away. My two cousins, Yee and Shin were here to house-sit and they apparently had a great time with the dogs. But their belongings have also fallen victim to Jojo. And Yee, the elder but more playful of the two, even had a mishap while playing with Jojo. She rolled a huge yoga ball down the stairs to try to frighten Jojo BUT it knocked down one of the vases on display by the stairs!

Poor girl got a scolding from mom. Well, she was at fault as she admitted it herself. Playing Yoga ball with Jojo at place surrounded by breakable ornaments? But at least she was honest to own up coz even my maid thought it was Jojo who broke it.

Just now, I received such an overwhelming welcome by Jojo and Jelly when I came home. We missed one another. They jumped on me so hard and Jojo almost knocked me over a few times.. and Jelly didn't even go to kitchen just now to look for food but came upstairs and waited at my room. She is still here now.. Earlier, I played with them for a while but had to let Jojo out as he went for mom's stuff and chewed up her shower cap! She was so mad.

According to Yee and Shin who used to have six dogs (now I think only four left), their dogs behaviour only mellowed after 3. So Yee was telling me not to worry, Jojo is perfectly normal as he is still considered puppy! I hope she is right on that.. I can't imagine Jojo still behaving like that when he is a mature 8 years old!

Argh!.. no extra leave so have to work tomorrow. I need more time to recover from the holiday- which was in good timing to escape the haze.

Just hope this clear and beautiful skyline shall remain...

No comments: