Monday, August 01, 2005

August - Month of Holidays

I still made it in time to blog on the first day of the month..

Work is piling up already for this week with many assignments and stories to write... this week looks like one of the busiest week in recent months. But.. before I get myself stressed up, I try to look into the future a bit.

Maybe it hasn't sunk in that it's getting closer to my two holidays this month.. Yep, TWO :) - although the destinations are no big deal.

The whole family will be holidaying in Singapore from August 10-15 - my sis, brother-in-law and three cute nephews and niece will be flying from Hong Kong to the Lion City and since they are not coming back to KL this time, we have decided to join them there.

Although holidaying in our Southern neighbour is not exactly enticing to me, the biggest lure is to see and play with cutie Alexis. Yes, the adoring little girl whose pix I've posted recently here. I also miss Edgar and Sean. We will be staying in Sentosa Island for three nights and then moved to The Mandarin at Orchard Road.

Then at the end of the month, I will be going to Hong Kong to watch
Alan Tam's 30th Anniversary concert. Yes, I surprise myself by being such a loyal fan; I have liked him since I was 15 at the time when he was at his peak. And although many non-fans would dismiss him as `passe' or `old' today, I still think his charisma has not diminished.

My sis already bought the concert ticket for August 29. This would be the third time I am watching Alan Tam in Hong Kong, (and many many more times in Malaysia). It's quite nostalgic thinking back the first time I ever went to his concert in Hong Kong's Coliseum. After my `O' Levels exams in 1986, I begged my dad to let me go there for his summer concert. My sister (who was a Leslie Cheung fan and thought no big deal of it) went with me and we stayed with an aunt. I had a most unforgettable time..

Almost 20 years on, I am flying there specifically for his concert again. Although I would have chances to watch his concert (like I did a few times FOC reviewing them) I still don't want to miss this milestone concert. Also, going to Hong Kong is made easy since my sis is there and I would have free accommodation. :) I am still not sick of Hong Kong having been there countless times (about once or twice a year ever since my sis got married 10 years ago plus those trips before that) mainly because of the shopping and the food and the many things you can do in that cosmopolitan city!

Of course, on top of that, I don't mind seeing my niece and nephews again although I would have just been with them less than two weeks ago in Singarpore.

Even as I am writing this, I am beginning to feel the excitement already. But I know I would have to work quite hard before, and in between, and after the holidays.. Well, somehow I would cope.

Now, I can just think of a drawback of going on holidays - I will miss my Jojo and Jelly.

No comments: