Monday, July 10, 2006

UNBELIEAVABLE! UNTHINKABLE! UNFORGIVABLE!

I MISSED THE WORLD CUP FINAL!!!!

Yes, I did! Can you believe it? Me??!!

I overslept and got up at 5:10am when EVERYTHING was over! I had gone to bed at 11pm setting the alarm at 1:50am but somhow it didn't go off..

I sms-ed some replies to friends saying that I wanna kill myself..and that was how I felt. I was screaming and throwing tantrum at myself.. In rage, I threw my alarm clock away!!

My dad, who just managed to wake up like 10 mins before me, watched the last few commenting actions on tv and knew the results. He didnt want to to tell me but I knew my sms would have told me anyway.. and I just couldn't stand the suspence.

I found who was the winner and I was happier a little. Just a little.

So as consolation and thank God for Astro, I managed to watch the replay at 6:30am all the way through to 9am when Italy, MY ITALIA - lifeted the cup in jubiliation!!

It was quite an amazing match, especially what happened to Zidane - again my dad had told me that was to happen already..

But heck!! I still couldn't believe I could sleep through the Final! The MOST IMPORTANT match of the whole World Cup when I managed to wake up for so many of the earlier matches! This is unforgivable. Too incredible as well..

Again, I blame it on the real full stomach and a lousy alarm clock.. and my own stupiditiy I guess

Dad joked and said that my World Cup (watching) areer ended the same way as Zidane - exit in shame..

How apt huh? and I felt as if I could identify with that poor soul though I was not backing his team.

update: I realised it's my own fault as I forgot to click the on button of the alarm clock. I have just retrieved my poor old alarm clock from the bin. sigh...

6 comments:

Lucas Chong said...

i was asleep around 11am but before that, i "commanded" my sister to wake me up no matter what. my father purposely take a leave to watch. like father like son, but still i'm in my office right now, working. during the penalty shot out, i was so anxious, and right when they score the winning goal, i feel proud for them and even shouted out in joy. guess i’m too excited…haha middle of the night.

personally, i think zidane should’ve controlled himself. after all, it’s his last time…his exit was a shame. sigh…

when the italy ‘azzurri’ are prized the official world cup (gold), my tears drop…felt intense contentment for them. i then slept for 2 hours and force myself up for work! lifeless~~!

Anonymous said...

oh dear me. i hope ur not too bad feeling abt it. i did guess italy would win even though i didn't watch.

jesscet said...

lucas: yeah, I know exactly how you feel about it! Tho i missed watching it live, I'm really happy that Italy won!!

littleguykitchen: i am ok now.. sigh. but how come you didn't watch? not interested in WC?

boo_licious said...

I watched bits and pieces of it - the penalty taking was so nerve wrecking.

lynnee said...

lol... the poor alarm clock! heheh...

jesscet said...

yeah i know..:p amazingly it is still working fine!!