Saturday, June 04, 2005

The Naughty Monster Did It Again!!

Looking at this beautiful photo of Jojo a.k.a. Big Handsome Naughty Monster Jojo, you may be deceived by his good looks and his breed's innate friendly and affable nature. Those of u following this blog will know that my Jojo can turn into a monster quite often. And tonight this monster was back to his antics again!

This mommy was pleased that for the fourth night in a row, he did not sneak outside when I opened the automatic gate ,but loyally greeted me at my car door!

Today I gave him an extra long hug when I came home. He looked happy and excited as usual. We entered the house together and Jelly was there, jumping at me and her big brother. All was well until suddenly Jojo led the way up the staircase while I was still putting down my many bags in the living room.

I heard Jojo opened door (yes, he can open doors as our door knobs are not the round type but elongated type) and followed by mom's voice.

I quickly ran upstairs and entered mom's room. A helpless mom was uttering something like `Jojo so naughty....! Aiya! Look! I think he is urinating!" WHAT? but yes, I saw Jojo just finishing doing his `business' near the window! He hurriedly tried to escape before I could get him. Along the way, wet the floor even more as his feet had stepped on his own urine!

I almost could't believe this. I know, he had done it before inside the house. But this time, he had been out in the garden all the while but purposely ran into the house, ran upstairs, entered mom's room, and peed on the floor in her presence!!

Why? Did mom do anything that had angered Joo to take revenge? I asked mom later and she said no. Or could it be due to jealously? As mom quite obviously paid more attention to little Jelly.

Anyway, whatever the reason, Jojo needed to be punished. I couldn't find a cane so I just grabbed my grandmom's walking stick! Jojo looked terrified and quickly ran away. He also growled and barked at me as self-defence I guess.

I wasn't really going to hit him but I must teach him a lesson. However he obviously ran much faster than me and so we were playing chasing and hide-and-seek in the garden! Then, he dashed to the kitchen backyard and ran inside his dog house thinking he would find solace there.

Bingo! I walked towards him and the BHNMJ still looked scared. I gave him a cold, hard, menacing stare and then locked the door.

For the first time in his almost two-years of life, Jojo would be sleeping inside the dog house overnight and not in the free open of our compound.

I gave him water, but after a few laps, he repeated his naughty habit of putting his dirty paws into the bowl! Fine, no water for him tonight as well. It was just a few hours till morning and he won't die of thirst.

When I left, I thought I heard some soft howling sound then all was quiet.

It is now more than an hour-and-a-half later and all is still quiet. I guess the BHNMJ has slumbered in his own house.. after all, he has been napping there during day time when there are visitors or rain.

So, looks like it's not really a punishment after all... this mommy is quite a failure when it comes to disciplining her BHNMJ...

2 comments:

boo_licious said...

Do you need to send him back to training school since he is acting so crazy? Maybe they have some boot camp for naughty dogs?

jesscet said...

Thanks for the suggestions.. But MKA obedience course is only for group classes..they don't have `boot camps'. Unless I send him for boarding in trainer's place. It's costly and to be honest, I will miss him also :( what we need a dog psychiatrist!!