Sunday, June 19, 2005

The Js' Two Dog-Crazy-Aunts

If you think I'm obsessed with dogs, wait till you meet my two cousin sisters - Wei and Bao Bao - from Singapore. Although they don't own a blog like me for their dog Manja, but they seriously LURVE dogs with a capital `L' and are not only doting moms to their adopted mongrel doggie Manja but also passionate to all canine creatures.

They have also `rescued' a few unwanted dogs and fostered a couple. Although their dog is not a pedigree, to them he is so precious. In fact, ALL dogs are precious.

They drove up from Singapore yesterday with my aunt and uncle for the weekend. When they arrived in the evening, they simply could not leave the dogs alone. Jojo and Jelly just adored them, especially Bao Bao whom Jojo was jumping and pouncing onto non-stop. And my dear cousin sister's white t-shirt was all muddy. But she didn't mind. In fact both she and Wei continued to play with the two Js for another hour until it was dinner time.

There were so much affection given to my two Js that they almost forgotten about me and my parents for a while..

Earlier today, after a frightening storm in the afternoon today, Jojo and Jelly were a little sad and scared. But they were pacified and more than satisfied later with a long walk and lots of pampering.

To think of it, it is Father's Day but we sort of pay more attention to the dogs! :p

Three of us brought the two Js for a walk together. Again, it was more like the two Js, especially leader Jojo, brought us for a walk instead. They led us to Jasor's house. Poor Jasor was tied up almost the whole day. But sensing that some people who love him were present, he sprang up from his lethargy and for a good 10 minutes or so, he was having a whale of a time being cuddled and stroke by my two cousins.

There were so many kids around but my two cousins obviously only had eyes for the dog! :) Yeah, to them dogs are cuter than kids..most kids anyway.

The Js not only walked one round the neighbourhood, but another half-a-round tonight! By the time we're back, the two Js were quite exhausted, panting and lying flat on the ground - satisfied and with big smiles on their faces. Yes, my two cousins were still giving them all the attention and affection.

Somehow I can't help but feel that Jojo and Jelly will miss them when they leave tomorrow.

Thanks to my cousins who told me about `Dogster' - something like a Friendster for dogs, I have just registered Jojo and Jelly on this cool canine site! They will get to `meet' other dogs there, or rather, mommy will link other cute poochies to their homepages!

Woof! Woof! Check out my two Js on `Dogster'!

http://www.dogster.com/?159433
http://www.dogster.com/?159446

1 comment:

boo_licious said...

So cute, I found a kitty version called catster. Think I may put up my cats on that so they get more meow pals.