Thursday, July 05, 2007

let the Magic start again!



I'm so excited! I'll be watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in less than 10 hours time!!

It's a press preview and although I'm not officially attached to any media company, the nice lady of Warner Brother has accepted this `freelance entertainment writer's request. Really happy!

Don't know why.. maybe subconsciously knowing that the book is coming to an end, I just relish the thought of watching, reading anything Harry Potter!

I just read a fellow blogger's `theory' that somehow when the book gets less interesting, the subsequent movie just gets better.. Ok, to many people the first three HP books are like the classic.. and then after Globet of Fire, they were just getting more draggy.. I have to agree in a way as I didn't really enjoy both Order of the Phoenix nor Half Blood Prince as much as the earlier books..

Now look at the movies! I think the first and second were largely forgettable as my friend rightly pointed out, they stayed too close to the books and there were hardly any surprises or adventures.. But the Prisoner of Azkaban and especially Globet of Fire were different, and really became pretty entertaining.. and now, judging from the trailer, Order of the Phoenix should be quite a blast!!

Simply put: good books led to `sucky' movies while `sucky' books led to good movies. Hmm.. do u agree? i just thought it was quite an interesting observation..

Whatever it is, I love Harry Potter - whether books or movies - great or not so great. And the thought that the book series is coming to an end is kinda sad...

But, I'm going to be the first batch of audience who get to watch Order of The Phoenix first in this country!! YEY! Let the magic begins! :D

UPDATE:
I was so `kiasu' (actually i was asked to be there early) that i was among the earliest to reach the cinema and thus got myself a good seat. So how's the movie? Let's just say it is WAY BETTER than the book.. yep, the director had used his discretion to do without the boring/repetitive parts. I heard a few people didn't like it but I thought it was pretty good - maybe a little slow in the 1st half but did not lose any of the magic. What's really cool (besides the awesome showdown of two of the greatest wizards at the end) is the many interesting characters! And yeah.. it gets pretty dark, much darker than the previous movies.. so not really a movie you'd bring a young child to.

Ok, shall not divulge anymore as I know you would not have watched it yet.. :p

4 comments:

eyeris said...

kickass ending fight though. hehe. that's the only thing i remember about the movie though...

Carmen and Kim Kee said...

Wow...happy to hear that you enjoyed the movie so much. Can't wait to watch it too. Shhh...don't divulge further in your next blog, ya? Hehe...

Edmund Yeo said...

Yeah, gotta agree, the films get better and better, while the books... I gave up after part 5. 4 was my fave, 5 was a major drop in standard, I wasn't excited enough to read Half-Blood Prince.

jesscet said...

I've lost my Order of Phoenix book!! Lent it to someone but couldn't remember who.. Argh!! :((