Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Pretty Poppies

In Bali, we were staying at the quaint Poppies Cottage for four nights.



When I was planning and booking for our Bali trip late last year, I searched on the Net for a nice accommodation - a little on the luxurious side yet not too expensive - and I wanted villas style instead of a large hotel..


I was really happy when I found Poppies Cottage - which is located at the heart of Kuta. Set amidst a beautiful garden, it is a quiet exclusive place with only 20 villas.. Because we were taking a triple-sharing room, it worked out to be pretty affordable!


Poppies is located at its namesake - Poppies Lane I, which gets really narrow towards one end.. the `neighbourhood' maybe humble-looking stores and eateries but when you entered into Poppies' wall its like entering into another world - a peaceful, quaint haven.

The garden setting was beautiful and I simply love the poolside area. The Balinese-style chalet we stay in was simple and comfy - though it is not too big. But the bathroom more than made up for it!

But alas, because we have quite a heavy itinerary, that didn't leave us that much time to really enjoy what Poppies has to offer.. but I'm real glad I spent the last afternoon just lazing by the beautiful poolside and froclicking in the clear blue pool.. it's really really relaxing and rejuvenating!

If I were to be at Kuta again, I really don't mind staying there again!


The old door leading to the cottage..


We walk across the bridge over a lilly pond to our cottage


the way to the pool..

g..



and various shots of the beautiful pool and landscaping..


the lily pond



posing by the pool..


the exterior of our cotttage


A corner of the spacious and beautiful bathroom


the three of us before departing..


Me and the luggages (no, not all mine of course :p)

No comments: