Saturday, September 10, 2005

Why? Jojo, Why?

I just don't know what to do with Jojo anymore.

If u have been reading my blog, you would have read about his misbehaviour.. his `monstrous' and disruptive ways. But I just found out that it is more serious than that. He has a violent streak.

Jojo bit me last night. It was not too serious thank goodness but it was enought to make me really upset and angry. Ok, he did not do it out of the blue but because I was disciplining him.

I hit him. I just had to after what he did. Not only did he repeatedly mess up and chew up things in my room, he also purposely stay put under the basin of my bathroom and refused to move. Even dad couldn't get him to come out.. Finally I had to coax and cheat him by pretending to take Jelly for a walk. Even then he came out to grab a piece of paper in my bin first to chew (again!)

Finally he did come downstairs, BUT he appeared to be smug and running away from me when I called him. With some difficulty, I managed to put a leash on him (his wounds on the neck had cleared totally by then)

I tied him by the fence. At that time, I just had to punish him so without thinking too much, I used one of his collars to whack him ( I could not find his cane anymore). This was the first time I hit him in close to two months. I just needed to teach him a lesson, I thought.

But I didn't anticipate that he reacted so violently! He jumped and attacked me on my stomach! It was like de vaju for he did that to my dad some time back. Fortunately the bite was not too serious - there was red and blue black mark now - but it was more the emotional scar that it brought.

I was fuming. Standing further away so that he would not reach me, I gave Jojo some hard beating. I decided to punish him by leaving hm tied for the night. After all, it was already past midnight so it would be only a few hours before my maids woke up.

To really teach him a lesson, I thought of doing something more `cruel' and drastic. I tied Jojo in the empty lot next door but near to our side of the fence. Amazingly, as if knowing he did wrong, Jojo did not bark but just stayed there.

In the next hour before I slept, I had the urge to bring him back to our house. But I hardenede my heart.

Finally he was there till morning when my maids looked for him and found him next door. I decided to ignore him. Anyway, I was out quite early in the morning and returned in the evening.

When I came down from my car, Jojo came to me like usual, wagging his tail. But I ignored him.

But the silent treatment was sort of broken when I had to give him water and food. That I won't deny him of course. I also called his name accidentally and he looked at me with this pathetic and longing look in his eyes.. I know he`missed' me but I believe he knows I am angry because of what he did last night - including biting his mommy!

One of my maids then told me these days Jojo is becoming more scary and difficult. Last time they could put a leash on him but now, he would be aggressive and in a few instances, he even bit them. Either on their hands or legs!! But it was not too serious thank goodness.

My maids have never hit him before.

I think I need to speak to the dog trainer again and if necessary, send Jojo for training with him.. I feel upset and quite bothered. I feel I can relate to parents who has a `bad' and rebellious son. Although they love the son, they might have not disciplined and brought him up the right way.. nevertheless, they still love him and want the best for him..

Jojo.. would you ever been a good son..?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear cousin,

Eventually male dogs are more territorised. I spoke to the vet before about my male german shepherd x husky. apparently, it is good for both male or female dogs to be desexed. good for their health & emotions.

hoohoo, neways, is jojo desexed? if he's not, maybe u should think about it. hope u're not too frustrated.

my Max has been marking his territory by pissing on Meeko! cos he thinks he 'owns' her! and whenever there's s'thing 'new' in the house when he's smartly toilet trained.

Guess some male dogs are really 'big man'.

Good luck!

Lotsa love,
Ling

jesscet said...

Thanks for ur advice and concern, Ling. Really appreciate it.. No one told me about `de-sex'.. u mean to spay him right? Hmm.. coz I guess we still hope he can become father one day. But maybe i should discuss with dog experts.

Jojo had been ok these two days to me. But he chewed up my mom's shoes just now when I was not home yet.. sigh

Adrian Choo said...

Hi ET, I agree with Ling. It is typical behaviour in male dogs to have an aggresive streak esp if not 'snipped'. While it sounds CRUEL, it is THE way to go if you are not thinking of breeding your dog for commercial purporses. He will have a healthier life and his lifespan will be prolonged. Please talk to a few more dog 'people' and of course, your vet. The price for the procedure is around RM120-150. Please do it.

P/s dog obedience school can only do so much. If your dog is being agro, he can't really help it and teaching him to obey commands etc won't do much help.