Tuesday, September 20, 2005

`I Feel Bad..!'

If you had read Lynn's blog, you would know that for the last two nights I have been out reviewing concerts.. ie working, and even on Fri and Sat nights, I was only back home late.. The days too were so busy, thus also explained the absence of posts since Friday late nite..

Ok, to get to my story today.. while James Brown did an impressive and funky `I Feel Good' song at the concert last night.. the reverse was true for me after my discovery of what has happened to my two Js!!

I got home at 1:30am, after going back to office to file in news story for MM today.. (a more thorough review will be coming). I ate some instant noodle and had the company of Jojo and Jelly at the wee hour of the morning.. I noticed both were extra `manja' lately, especially Jojo.. Guess they were craving for attention and probably more time from me..

Sigh, I think I have kinda neglected them..

Seeing the longing look in Jelly's eyes as I tucked her into her crate, I decided to spend a few more minutes playing with her. So I let her out and turn her around to tickle her belly..

And then.. Gasp! I felt something..a few small lumps there!! I quickly switched on the lights and to my horror, they were actually ticks the size of a pea, sticking onto Jelly's belly!!

As I immediately took them out, I felt around her chest and underarms areas,GOSH, there were MORE ticks!! both big and smaller ones!! And when I took some out which were still alive, there were blood stain on the area where they were sucking blood from my poor little Jelly!

I lost count of the number ticks.. at least more than 20? (which i could detect anyway) I felt like screaming and crying! It was only like 5 days after I bathed her...she was clear of ticks then. But I know why, for one month I had been using an anti-ticks spray but it ran out two weeks ago, and I thought since no more ticks, I didn't need to continue. (also that the spray costs like RM69)

But obviously I was wrong! And poor Jelly had been attacked by those blood-sucking parasites!! I got rid of all I could find and used another anti-tick spray (mainly to kill the ticks but could be spray on the body too)

Then I let Jojo in again and checked on him. Poor thing also have a number of big ones but all in not as badly infested as Jelly. I sprayed him too after getting rid of the blood sucking stuff.

I really felt bad. Because not only were they infested by ticks, but some of their fur, especially Jelly's wiry type was all tangled up! I had no time to brush their hair for so many days.. or not to give myself excuse, I just forgotten..

I FEEL BAD. I feel like a busy mommy who neglects their children though supplying them with enough material goods. My two Js never lack toys or snacks or bones to chew but I know those are enough. I hadn't been giving them enough TLC, if not the ticks situation won't be that bad!

From now on, I must be more diligent. First thing, buy the effective anti-tick spray. And I need to play with them more often.

Sigh..I still feel bad... :(

p.s. I spent more time checking on their ticks and combing their hair this morning..

2 comments:

Adrian Choo said...

Hi ET, being in a tropical country, it would be good to keep them on some kinda anti-tick treatment. Rio is on those drip types which goes between the shoulder blades. It's also slightly expensive but knowing that he is free from ticks is really priceless peace of mind. Don't feel bad ... we all make mistakes =).

jesscet said...

Thanks Adrian for your tips and kind words. Yeah, will go source some anti-flea treatment tomorrow.. but haven't seen the drip type before. will check it out! :)