Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Meeting with Malaysians' New Idol!

Guess what? (And I bet thousands of young girls will be so envious of me) I will be having an one-on-one interview with our new Malaysian Idol - Daniel Lee - this Friday!

Ok, I sort of volunteered to do it as the colleague who had been covering MI2 also needs a break. Well, after all I would like to meet the `idol' that I cast votes on although I'm far from being a fan..

Did u read in MM that a young girl spent RM1,000 on SMS votes just to `ensure' that Daniel wins? I wonder how he feels about that.. hmm maybe I can ask him.

Well, it will be a personality profile. Am gonna skip all the singing-related questions which the public already knew. It would be quite personal - his family, his lifestyle, preferences, his thoughts etc.. and hopefully get some `juicy' info like relationship or the kind of girls he likes... Well, I am writing for MM after all! ;)

I know not many of you are his fans. But if you have a burning question that you would like to ask the`idol', let me know. I will do the honour for you if it's not totally out of the context.

I was told by 8TV personnel that we are the first English daily who asked for an interview while ALL the Chinese papers already asked. Hmmm.. surprise a rival paper hadn't as that paper would be the FIRST to profile a new beauty queen every time.

Maybe some people think it's overkill to have another story about him. But I can bet you if we blurb the interview article, his fans would buy our paper because of that! You know with teasers like `Daniel Exposed!' or `What You Don't Know About Your Malaysian Idol?'

Hehe. I must say I am looking forward to the interview... :)

Update (Thurs Oct 6) - My story on Daniel is published in Malay Mail Buzz (Entertainment section) frontpage today! Buy a copy and read.. support me and my paper... :) Well if you have to, you can alternatively read it online...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i guess he won't say much.he told almost the same thing in each interview.

jesscet said...

But it depends what the interviewers ask him! he is quite chatty actually.. :D

btw, if next time u comment, pls leave ur name or a nick at least?