Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Jelly the Greedy Bully

Recent posts have all been about my self... am reminded suddenly that this blog originally started off as a blog about my two darling dogs - Jojo and Jelly. So it's now time to have some update.

Thanks to the Christmas break.. I have been having more time to spend with my two Js. Jojo these days are looking much happier. The wounds are almost dried up totally - only a small bit is still raw. He's off medication and his appetitie is getting very good. More like a true Goldie. (When he was younger, he was quite slow in his food intake) I guess the regular morning feeding time and the feeding discipline - ie. only 5 mins to eat up his food - has been helpful.

What about Jelly? That little bugger is still as cute and manja to me. But her other side is that of a mobstser personality. Yep, she is a big bully to Jojo, which is more than double her size.

Just take the example just now. I first gave her a chewing stick (made of edible rawhide and other ingredients) and as I saw she was greedily devouring it, I also give another bigger type to Jojo outside. But when she realised I gave one to Jojo.. she ran out, hid hers somewhere and went on to grab Jojo's stick! There was some chasing around as Jojo went after her to get it back but he lost out.. he is such a mellow fello compared to Jelly!

Well, I had to step in. I took Jojo's stick from Jelly and gave it back to the righful eater. And chased Jelly back into the house. Seeing she has `lost' the old one, I gave her another stick.. (another different type that she can eat easier).

But guess what..? Minutes later when she finished eating the stikc, she started making lots of noise at the door and I thought she needed to go outside to pee. I opened the door and she rushed out.. Yes, you guess right. She went for Jojo's half-eaten stick! Poor Jojo could only look at her helplessly as she got the upperhand.

Actually I was reading the papers so I only discovered this 15 minutes or so later and stepped in for the second time. I retunred the half-eaten big `stick' to Jojo and dragged Jelly inside again and reprimended her sternly.

No more chewing stuff for her tonight.

And.. after using so much of her energy, she has dozed off in my room now after splurping on gulps of fresh water.

Pity Jojo....he is already deprived of being in the house and always get bullied by Jelly. I must pay more attention to him..

No comments: