Thursday, December 15, 2005

In Less Than 24 Hours...

In less than 24 hours...comes the day I have dreaded it to come since 2005 started!

I'm going to turn another year older. Yeah, I know everyone goes through birthday every year....and it is supposed to be a joyful and celebration day.

So why am I making it a big deal? Maybe it's my child-like, I don't-like-to-grow old mentality.. but maybe it's just the fact that I'm indeed growing old. Crudely put it, I'm now at the other side going downhill if 35 is the mid point of life.

Haha, silly me. I just gave my age away. Anyway, it's no big secret.. friends who know me know my age. I even revealed it indirectly (you don't have to a mathematician to figure out) on national newspaper when I wrote a first-person account on a concert I attended this year.

You know what, these days I'm not so worried about revealing my age to even strangers. If ever I'm asked the question `how old are you?' (or differently-phrased similar question), I would ask them to guess. And whether it is truthful guesses or my acquaintaces just being tactful, my age has been guessed between five to 11 years younger! Just this year alone! No kidding..

I know this might sound shameless but well, the narcissist part of me always secretly lit up in glee.. especially when they say `but you look much younger' or` you don't look your age!' when I reveal my real age.

Ok, enough of self-gloating.. But what to do? For someone who has reached the 3rd cycle of Chinese horoscope, I'm entitled to some self-bemusement or else I might feel depressed.. really.

Will be having quite eventful days ahead. Tomorrow (today actually) mom and I will have a dinner date around Bangsar after which we will be watching the beautiful musical movie Perhaps Love, courtesy of two passes from GSC. Have already watched the preview but don't mind watching again. Great music/dance and very beautifully and artistically filmed..

Will be taking leave on Friday - repeat last year's practice of resting on my birthday. So far, my day program is to treat myself to spa treatment at Vila Manja, a lovely day spa set in a bungalow. To think of it, I have not been to a spa proper although I've tried various massages and body treatments at various beauty centres. Look forward to it.. :)

In the evening will be having a dinner gathering with my Bible Study group. We are taking a break from our weekly studies at church.

Saturday will be quite a `challenging' - beginning with a morning peer-group leaders' meeting and later will need to juggle between a friend's wedding at Cyberview Lodge and Russell Watson's concert at night at Sentul Park. Yep! A show by the good-looking and charismatic British Tenor backed by the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra will culminate the five-day YTL 50 years celebration.

A friend who has certain connection with Tan Sri YTL himself treated me to the ticket which is not for sale. (since I also brought her to a few Cantopop concert free!) While hers is black-tie ticket, mine is the normal one. And we were supposed to get there using public transport (KTM and commuter buses) as arranged and paid for by YTL. Something a spoilt journo like me am not used to but must give them credit for being so well organised.

Sunday will be church as normal and choir practice and then prayer. And will be having dinner at a Italian restaurant with a small group of friends..

Speaking of choir, I will like to highlight the Christmas Cantata entitled `Celebrate Christmas, Celebrate Christ' by my church - First Baptist Church, Petaling Jaya. The program will consist of lovely carols in exciting arrangments as well as narration - that reminds and reflects on the true essence of Christmas. And yes, I will be singing in it..

Do refer to my friend and fellow choir mate HL's blog which features a beautiful poster and the details. I will like to invite all of you who could make it to come.. will personally remind some of you again. But do let me know too if you are interested...

And now, celebrations aside, will have to think of some realistic birthday/Christmas/new year resolutions that I would keep to..

4 comments:

boo_licious said...

Happy Birthday in advance! Looks like a busy time you will be having. Btw, check out this cute site for pet dating:

http://www.millionlove.com/

jesscet said...

Thanks! (when i read the message it was already past midnite) :) What a cute website! hehe but dont think i'll sign up for the two Js since they're not lonely. No need dates as they have each other and moi!

lynnee said...

happy birthday ... another year of blessings :)

*pssst*... you certainly don't look a day over 30, & i mean that honestly! :)

jesscet said...

Thanks lynnee. hehe u made my day ;)