Friday, November 18, 2005

I.T. Imbecile

Woe to me for being technologically-challenged! :(

It's just so so frustrating. I couldn't get my new iPod mini (yes, the old one `kong' with reasons unknown and since its still within the 1-year warranty period, I got a brand new one replaced) fixed.

By that I mean I couldn't download any songs onto my iPod even though I've already have the iTune program inside my PC. Somehow the darn program does not recognise the new hardware. A message popped up saying it can't read the new hardware and asked me to reformat it. I did. But still NOTHING happens.

Ok, i guess i just have to call up the good people at the Apple Service centre or is there any iPod user out there who can tell me what I didn't do right?

The second thing is even more frustrating! I couldn't develop my photos taken at Xian and in Chiang Mai! What i mean is I STILL could not develop them..

What happened was, while transferring a few latest pictures from my new Nikon Coolpix 5900 to my PC, I didn't know WHAT i pressed or dlicked that ALL the photos inside my camera were erased completely!

I had planned to leave those photos I would like to develop - all 300 plus of them - in my memory card and just bring it to a photoshop (like I always did before).

Now that the pix is in my pc, i would have to burn them onto a CDrom (it would be a large file) and i wasn't even confident in doing it until i consulted tech wiz CH online at close to 2am yesterday. Well, it was easier than I expected and since I had a spare ReWritable CD-RW, I managed to do it!

Guess what, only after that I realised I should have edited the photos for some were really quite dark and I wasn't sure the people at the shop would bother to do them properly for me. And I found out I COULD NOT edit/change anything on the burned CD. Hmm.. then cleverly thought I would edit the photos on my PC and then re-burn the whole thing again onto the CDrom. After all the disk is `ReWritable'.

So I spent the next 45 mins or more editing all the photos as fast as I could - all 290 of them (I deleted a few) . Then, I went through the same process to burn the file on the CDRom.. but guess what? This time it DIDN'T work!! The original data had been cleared but somehow the burning process just could not start!

I tried and re-tried until I had to finally give up. And it was already almost 4am! So FRUSSSSS!!

Today I had meant to buy a new disk and try again but when I finished work, the shop already closed. (yes, I started work late as I slept soo late..)

And the iPod still can't take in any songs...

:((

No comments: