Saturday, November 26, 2005

Is This Blogger Losing Steam..?

For once I have time to blog earlier tonite. But somehow.. (not that my life is boring..) I find myself `losing steam' to post something interesting...

Hmm.. could it be that the fact that I have to write so much during my work week that now I just don't feel like writing anymore?

Anyway, maybe it's good this way. I want to catch up with some reading. Already a colleague told me the preview of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe is on Monday night! And guess what? I hadn't even finished `The Magician's Nephew'!

Maybe i should watch it later... would really like to read the book again before I watch the movie.

Bought two more books today! ( to add to my `neglected books on the shelves' collection :p) The first is a (rather pricey) beautiful pictorial book with a long title: `The Chronicle of Narnia: Beyond the Wardrobe - The Official Guide to Narnia'. Second one is Sydney Sheldon's latest thriller Are You Afraid of the Dark? Yeah, here is one author which I can claim I've read all the titles.. I know, i am from that `era' - Master of the Game, Bloodline, The Other Side of Midnight etc.. must say his latter works were going down the drain a bit but once a loyal reader, still am.

Was planning to do a blog review of Snow.Wolf. Lake., which I watched to review last night. But somehow I couldn't find a proper pix of the musical online! (or just that i'm not competent at searching info on line - unlike our dear Wordsmith and Internet research pro HL)

Well, it sort of fell short of my expectation during intermission but when the whole 3-hour show finished, a couple of fellow journos and I gave a standing ovation! Lets just say the theatrical and artistic presentation - from stage setting, props, choreography etc.. was of world class standard (matching West End and Broadway productions). The problem for me is just that the plot is so cliche and predictable. And the dialogues were so 1970s Chinese romantic movies!

Oh, but of course, the music was beautiful and Jacky Cheung's singing was impeccable and moving...To know what really went on and how I felt about it, watch out for my review in the MM. Hmm..I have not started writing the review yet.. it's not an easy task unlike that of a pop concert.

Oops, I thought I would only write 2-3 paragarphs.. maybe I'm not really losing steam after all?

No comments: