Sunday, September 03, 2006

Jojo now an `Eunuch'!

Jojo has been nuetered yesterday!

No, I didn't do it just because of his `problematic' behaviour lately, but had actually ponder upon it for some time.. I also had been asking other dog experts and vets and it seemed it was not a bad idea.

Besides the fact that it would help lesson his aggressive behaviour, neutering would also spare him the chance from getting testitcular or prostate cancer.

Dad, who is fond of Jojo, was also for neutering him and had been reminding me that we should do it soon. After all, Jojo is already 3 years old. Initially I worreid that he might be too old but the vets I consulted said it's ok..

So, since I had some time over this weekend, I thought I shouldn't delay this anymore... I brought him to the vet yesterday afternoon and the operation was performed in the evening. He stayed over one night.. but poor thing, I saw the crate he was put in and it was so small! The bigger ones were all occupied by even bigger dogs..

Anyway, when I went to collect him after church today, he looked ok.. but seemed a little passive and quieter than normal (perhaps the anaesthetic has not worn off completely?) I was a bit worried that after castration, he would turn into a `sissy'..

Jojo was also suffering from some skin wounds and it was good that they were looked into by the vet too..


I was told to let him rest in his crate for 3-4 days. And I have to make sure that he won't be disturbed by Jelly. Speaking of Jelly, she seemed to notice Jojo's absence and was looking out for him.. maybe she missed him.

Poor Jojo, looking quite pathetic and sad since he's returned home.. does he know that he has lost his `manhood'?

Now, I just hope and pray that Jojo would recover well and that with his hormonal drive reduced, his behaviour would also improve. But I am also a bit worried that if he becomes tamer, he would be bullied even more by Jelly the rascal!

Neutered dogs are prone to put on weight (like Jelly) but Jojo is still quite thin so hope that won't be an issue.

Hope he will be more cheerful soon... but only time can tell what's to become of Jojo the`eunuch' dog...

No comments: