Monday, February 25, 2008

Not Well.. :(

Rats! I hate falling ill. :(

Came down with sore throat and fever yesterday evening... and then although I slept for 11 hours, it didn't get better.. after 3 hours of afternoon nap, decided to go to see doctor. As expected, i was given anti-biotic.

As you would have experienced, it's quite miserable having fever and sore throat. But on the other hand, I am actually thankful for the timing. At least today I can `afford' to take a short break.. If I had fallen ill a few days earlier, that would have been quite disastrous as I had a few deadlines to chase. Or even if I were ill just a day earlier.. I had worship leading duty at church!

In fact, I was pretty energetic on Friday and Saturday. I even went to catch Jay Chou's concert on Sat although I left earlier cos i needed to get up really early the next morning. You won't believe I had `agonised' over whether to go or not. The comp tix I was given was for the free-standing `rock zone', and the area was all the way at the back of the field! I could imagine how far away it would be from the stage. Coupled with the fact that I couldn't stay up late that night, I decided to give both the tix to my friends.

But just a day or two before the concert, I was`itching' to go. After all, I had been looking forward for the concert all along. So, after some deliberation, I had a plan. I would try to get myself to go in as media (though I wasn't covering the concert but the organisers do know me from the past), and stay for half of it.. at least I got to watch some! So finally at 5-something on Saturday itself, I managed to contact the organiser and she said I could go! BUT she said the media seat this time is not close to the stage, it's on the stand at the side.. Well, at least it's better than nothing!

So it was worth that trip I thought. It might not be the best concerts and I am not totally crazy over Jay but I do like some of his songs. And I did enjoy most parts of the concerts.. especially when he played the piano! He changed quite a lot of costumes.. but from where we sat, the stage was quite small.. probably one of the worse media seats ever! And many of us sat on the concrete pavement (no chairs) But I would have stayed till the end but I finally left at 10:20pm.. I think the concert ended just before 11pm.

Maybe it was the lack of sleep that contributed to me falling ill. I didn't sleep immediately when I got home as I had to clear a deadline by Sat night. And then every time when I had to get up early, I have this `phobia' of not able to sleep enough. I know it sounds silly, but for a person like me who's so used to getting up really late, getting up early is `hard work'.

Anyway, pardon this rather incoherent post. After I'm not feeling well so not putting too much effort to think (yeah good excuse huh :p) Well, I just hope and pray that I will be back to my feet again as there're things that I need to do!

p.s. The poster wars had started even before nomination day yesterday. One thing I really don't like about the General Elections is the way the parties `campaign' - wasting so much resources. I mean what do they do with all the posters and buntings and flags after the G.E.? Isn't it a horrible waste and totally bad for conservation of environment?


lainey said...

i pray you get well REAL soon *hugs*.

u know, i get pretty stressed out whenever i have to wake up earlier than is normal so i don't sleep well and will be zombified the next day ... kinda silly huh?

jesscet said...

hey thanks :) i'm feeling much better - the meds works! and i'm glad to know i'm not the only one with the `early waking' phobia too! ;)